Create a beautiful, loving and fulfilling life as a couple
“Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.”
– Maya Angelou
Our primary focus as your therapist is to help you create the beautiful, loving, and fulfilling life you envisioned when you first became a couple. At NewPoint of View counseling, we specialize in using Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) which focuses on helping couples to heal their wounds of disconnection; resulting from patterns and styles of insecure, avoidant and ambivalent attachment/bonding.
Therapy will focus on helping to create and strengthen the emotional bond between you and your partner. By identifying negative interaction cycles and transforming those moments to form a secure and loving relationship. You will learn to increase your ability, to be safely vulnerable with each other. You will develop insight to old hurts, and assumptions that show up as old arguments. These wounds are sometimes the result of old programming you received in your family of origin; that remain unresolved, and gets easily triggered in the present.
While it is hard to know which path is the best path, counseling may be right for you, if you can answer yes to any of the following questions:
• Do you sometimes wish you could take a vacation from your life?
• Are you and your partner stuck in a never-ending loop of anger and frustration?
• Do you feel that you talk at each other, rather than to each other?
• Are you spending more time with other people, staring at your phone, computer screen, on social media, or working longer hours just to avoid spending time together?
• Have you lost trust in each other?
• Do you find yourself arguing about money, parenting, and your in-laws?
• Have things like intimacy, laughter, playfulness and sexual energy in your relationship faded and you want to get them back?
• Do you feel the need to exert control over your partner’s actions, whereabouts or relationships?
• Do you look to your partner to fill your sense of loneliness, thoughts of unworthiness and resent him or her for your feelings of being stuck?
• Do you think your partner should “complete you” and get angry that he/she doesn’t?
• Is your partner isolating you from healthy family members?
• Is there emotional or physical abuse in your relationship?
If the answer is “yes” to any or most of these questions, then we can help.
My goal as your therapist is to create an environment in which each partner feels safe to share their needs and wants with each other, and to stop the “blame game.” The first step is to de-escalate your negative cycle of interactions. Second is to help you and your partner to restructure your communication in such a way that it doesn’t create emotional distance with each other. Lastly, we will help you to understand how you developed these negative patterns in order to form a secure and loving relationship.
My approach is strength-based, focusing on what is working in your relationship and what needs to change to achieve more joy and enjoyment in your life as a couple. Let’s write the next chapter of your life together – one based on love, secure attachment and honest communication.
Complete the form on this page or visit our patient portal here to request your initial appointment.
NewPoint of View Counseling is currently accepting Private Pay, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) all Major Credit Cards, BlueCross Blue Shields of Arizona and Aetna insurance.
Request Your Appointment Today