Sex Therapy Counseling
Unlock the Secrets to a More Satisfying Sex Life
“The only unnatural sex act is that which you cannot perform.”
Are you struggling with sexual concerns or difficulties in your relationship? You're not alone. Many individuals and couples experience these issues at some point in their lives. But there's no need to suffer in silence. I am an experienced sex therapist in Phoenix Arizona. I am dedicated to helping you overcome sexual challenges you may be facing. I understand that sexual difficulties can be sensitive and difficult to talk about, but I provide a safe, non-judgmental, and confidential space for you to explore these issues. As your therapist I am trained and experienced in helping individuals and couples with a wide range of sexual concerns, including low libido, sexual pain, erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, difficulty with orgasm, open relationships, infidelity/affair recovery, ethical non-monogamy and more. I will work with you to understand the root causes of your concerns. I offer proven therapy techniques and will work with you to develop a personalized treatment plan that is tailored to your unique needs and goals. I offer individual and couples therapy and also work with individuals who are experiencing challenges in their sexual life due to sexual trauma, gender identity issues, or other concerns.
Sexual health and pleasure are fundamental to living a happier, more fulfilled life. As a sex therapist I help couples and individuals work through a variety of issues affecting an individual’s own sexuality and that of the partners. I see couples practicing ethical non-monogamy as well as traditional relationship dyads. There are consistent findings that there is a positive correlation between overall relationship satisfaction and sexual satisfaction. Engaging in sex therapy can help you to have a more loving, secure and intimate relationship bond. Many people have a hard time talking about sex in a vulnerable, direct and authentic way. Some people don’t talk about it at all! Even though our culture is inundated with sexualized marketing campaigns, expectations and social pressure, rarely do people learn how to discuss sex in the context of attachment and intimacy. Not talking about one’s sexual desires, needs, feeling and issues with sex, prevents people from having intimate, healthy and gratifying sex lives.
Some areas that sex therapy can address are desire discrepancies within a couple (one partner wants less, the other more) development and deepening of emotional and sexual intimacy, arousal and desire concerns, difficulties with a climax, emerging sexual identities, BDSM, socio-cultural factors associated with sexuality, open relationships, polyamory, extra-marital affairs and infidelity, diversity of sexual expression, differentiation, sexual trauma, abuse and rape, sexual dysfunction such as difficulty establishing or maintaining erection and painful sexual intercourse.
“Sexuality issues are not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be explored…"
What is Sex Therapy?
Sex therapy is therapy that addresses the relational, cognitive, emotional, physical and psycho-social factors influencing one’s sexual experience. No sexual activity or sexual surrogacy is performed during sex therapy. An AASECT Certified Sex Therapist is a licensed psychotherapist with extensive, specialized training and supervision in sexuality and treating clients with sexual concerns. An AASECT Certified Sex Therapist has an informed awareness and comprehensive understanding of sexuality that surpasses personal opinions, bias and cultural narratives. In other words, your sex therapist will not pathologize your sexual expression, experiences, desires, eroticism, fantasies or issues.
Creating a safe setting where you can discuss your sexual concerns without judgment, embarrassment or shame is essential in Sex Therapy. At NewPoint of View Counseling, we are LGBTQIA sensitive, sex positive, trauma informed, kink/poly friendly and welcoming of cultural, sexual and gender diversity.
Sex Therapy supports couples in talking about sex with one another, as well as deepening each individual's understanding of their own sexuality as well as that of their partner. As your therapist, I am sensitive to how anxious you may feel when discussing this intimate subject with each other and will help you feel at ease while navigating discussions about sex, intimacy and attachment. I understand many people are intimidated by the idea of Sex Therapy, and I strive to provide a safe space for open dialogue, exploration, curiosity and creativity...that can lead you to more satisfaction in bed that you desire!
When Should You Consider Scheduling An Appointment With A Sex Therapist?
- Are you or your partner consistently “too tired” or “not in the mood” to be physically intimate?
- Are you concerned that your partner doesn’t understand how to meet your sexual needs, and may never figure it out?
- Can you communicate your sex and relationship needs effectively to your partner?
- Do you find yourself checking off sex with your partner as another chore to get done?
- Do you find yourself attracted to someone outside your typical sexual preference and feel confused as a result?
- Are you tired of the emotional anguish that comes along with a problematic sex life?
- Are you in a long term loving relationship but realize the sexual spark has died?
- Do you want to remain in the relationship but still experience the feeling of falling in love?
- Are you thinking of opening your relationship?
- Are you tired of cheating and realize that you no longer identify as monogamous and want to live an authentic life?
- Have one or both of you had an affair but want to heal and thrive after the affair?
Help is available. You don’t have to struggle alone. Millions of people have been through similar experiences and have found a way to overcome those challenges and to build stronger, long-lasting healthy relationships while having the sex they want.
Don't let sexual concerns ruin your relationships or your self-esteem. Take the first step towards a more satisfying sex life by scheduling an appointment with me today. Together, we can unlock the secrets to a happier, healthier you."
Sex Therapy Can Help With:
- Little to no Sex in a Long-Term Relationship
- Lack of Sexual Satisfaction (or Even Boredom)
- Sexual Addiction
- Low or Loss of Libido
- Premature Ejaculation
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Performance Anxiety
- Inability to Orgasm
- Problems With Anxiety or “Tiredness”
- Painful Sex
- Unwanted Fetishes
- Sexuality During Life Transitions
- Prenatal & Postnatal Sexual Concerns
- Difficulty Reaching Orgasm
- Body Image Issues
- Communicating Desires
- Setting Healthy Boundaries
- Sexuality & Chronic Pain or Illness
- Arousal & Desire Concerns
- Desire Discrepancies Within a Couple
- Development & Deepening of Emotional and Sexual Intimacy
- Impact of Infertility on Sex and Sexuality
- Emerging Sexual Identities
- Sexuality & Disability
- Recovery from Sexual Assault
- History of Sexual Trauma, Childhood Sexual Abuse or Rape
- Extra-marital Affairs
- Exploring Alternative Love/Life Styles
- Alternative Lifestyle and Sexuality (Polyamory, Kink, BDSM etc)
- Open or Poly Relationships
- LGBTQIA Issues
- Religious Pressures
- Empowered Dating Coaching
- Intersectionality of Gender, Race, Class & Sex
- Expanding Sexual Repertoire
- Deepen your sexual connection and expand your sexual intelligence.
- Have better sex, or to start having sex again.
- Get embodied and empowered. Heal shame and fear.
- Have better communication about desire, sex, fantasies, limits, and boundaries.
- Talking about what you want or don't want is a skill that can be learned through Sex Therapy.
- Partners that make time and commitment for regular emotional and sexual intimacy fare better than those that do not.