“Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.” – Maya Angelou
My primary focus as your therapist is to help you create the beautiful, loving, and fulfilling life you envisioned when you first became a couple.
It’s hard to know which path is the best path when you feel that your relationship is not as fulfilling as it once was. Counseling may be right for you, if you can answer yes to any of the following questions:
- Do you sometimes wish you could take a vacation from your life?
- Are you and your partner stuck in a never-ending loop of anger and frustration?
- Do you feel that you talk at each other, rather than to each other?
- Are you spending more time with other people, staring at your phone, computer screen, on social media, or working longer hours just to avoid spending time together?
- Have you lost trust in each other?
- Do you find yourself arguing about money, parenting, and your in-laws?
- Have things like intimacy, laughter, playfulness and sexual energy in your relationship faded and you want to get them back?
If the answer is “yes” to any or most of these questions, then I can help.
My goal as your therapist is to create an environment in which each partner feels safe to share their vulnerabilities with each other, and to stop the “blame game.” I can help you to address behaviors that keep you shut down, scared, trapped in hurt, angry and disconnected. Together, we will develop new techniques to address old arguments, and heal wounds that have been damaging the relationship.
My approach is strength-based, focusing on what is working in your relationship and what needs to change to achieve more joy and enjoyment in your life as a couple. Let’s write the next chapter of your life together – one based on love, strength and honest communication. Call me today to schedule your initial appointment!